Rockford Lhotka is CTO at Cognizant Softvision and is the creator of the open-source CSLA .NET development framework. He is the author of numerous books and regularly speaks at major conferences around the world. Rockford is a member of the Microsoft Regional Director and MVP programs. Magenic (https://magenic.com) helps you deliver your digital products to market faster. For more information go to http://lhotka.net.
Episode Highlights and Show Notes:
List of topics
- Rocky’s origin story – what got him into the software industry?
- What drives Rocky?
- What problems do new software developers face?
- Rocky’s college experience
- What you need to keep in mind while in college.
- Internship tips
- How to build a killer resume while in college
- What Rocky looks for when hiring new developers
- What skills you need as a software consultant
- Type of companies to avoid when looking for a new job
- Why finding a good mentor and role model is important
- New technology vs Old Technology
- Rocky offers additional pointers to new and aspiring developers
Thanks for Listening!
If you found this episode useful, please go ahead and share it with your friends and family. You can also listen directly and give your feedback on the website.