Matt Eland, a Bootcamp instructor, gives new and aspiring software developers great career advice and shares his struggles and triumphs in his fascinating journey towards professional and personal fulfillment.
List of topics
- We discuss why we love computers and how it’s a creative escape
- How Code schools give you targeted information and don’t leave you in messy student debt
- The opportunity inherent in the software industry
- What challenges new coders are facing and why imposter syndrome is common in the software industry
- What are employers looking for and how to sell yourself
- How to convince someone to hire you
- How to get started in software development
- How software is eating everything
- Why a coding bootcamp may be better than a 4-year college degree
- What college won’t teach you
YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/matteland
Thanks for Listening!
If you found this episode useful, please go ahead and share it with your friends and family. You can also listen directly and give your feedback on the website.