“Richard Campbell spanned the computing industry both on the hardware and software sides, development, and operations. He was a co-founder of Strangeloop Networks and was on the board of directors of Telerik. Now he is the founder and chairman of Humanitarian Toolbox, Richard is also the host of two podcasts: .NET Rocks! and RunAs Radio.”
Richard Campbell wrote his first line of code in 1977. His career has spanned the computing industry both on the hardware and software sides, development, and operations. He was a co-founder of Strangeloop Networks, acquired by Radware in 2013, and was on the board of directors of Telerik which was acquired by Progress Software in 2014. Today he is a consultant and advisor to a number of successful technology firms and is the founder and chairman of Humanitarian Toolbox, a public charity that builds open-source software for disaster relief. Richard is also the host of two podcasts: .NET Rocks! and RunAs Radio.
Episode Highlights and Show Notes:
List of topics
- 00:00 – Introduction
03:16 – Starting the courier
- 07:01 – Way of Success in tech
- 07:55 – The importance of degree
- 11:56 -Best job opportunities.
- 14:46 – Struggle faced in the first job
- 17:48 – Bootcamp
- 21:54 – What struggles you faced in the beginning
- 23:00 – What’s your position now
- 24:10 – What is android
- 25:48 – Number 1 problem
- 29:50 – A lesson to take from him
- 31:55 – Who do you work many hours?
- 32:45 – Why you chose Android?
- 38:56 – What are you doing right now?
- 41:23 – My biggest problem
- 42:15 – Biggest opportunities
- 43:00 – How to get in touch with you
- YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4xmSi1ytopsssR1i3kKveg
Thanks for Listening!
If you found this episode useful, please go ahead and share it with your friends and family. You can also listen directly and give your feedback on the website.